Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Peanut Raisin Slaw


This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook:

16 oz shredded cabbage
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup peanuts
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder

Mix together and chill until ready to serve.

I first tried this unique recipe in a cooking class-- it was one of a few great surprises; I would have never made this slaw on my own. I do have to say that it was better in cooking class, but that might be due to the use of real mayo instead of light mayo. Also I shredded a small head of cabbage using my food processor, the recipe calls for shredded cabbage you would find bagged at a store, which is not as finely shredded as my home-shredded cabbage. This probably affects the flavor of the slaw, and may also attribute to my preference for the class-made slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment