Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mixed Berry and Orange Pancake Sauce


1/2 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
1 can Mandarin Oranges in Light Syrup
2 Tbsp Sugar

I made this up out of desperation, having no maple syrup to accompany my weekend brunch pancakes. I actually just dumped everything together in a saucepan and heated through. It was tasty enough, but would have been better had I separated the sauce from the mandarin oranges and thickened it before adding the oranges and mixed berries.

The next morning, I got out my single leftover pancake and the remaining sauce. I attempted to thicken it by simply boiling for a really long time. This did not work, and the fruit disintegrated into a fruit compote like substance. Since I particularly enjoyed the whole pieces of fruit, I think the best solution is to thicken the syrup and then add the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment