Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cilantro Lime Tilapia: 5 steps to a 10 minute lunch

Starving? Need something quick? Try this super easy cilantro-lime tilapia!
Step 1: Place a frozen tilapia fillet on a small plate, add 1 tsp lime juice, 1 tsp ground cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. (I have these handy tubes of mashed cilantro-- available from Safeway, you could also use frozen cilantro cubes, available from Trader Joes)

Step 2: Thaw in microwave. Mine took less than two minutes, since it is only 1 fillet.

Step 3: Grill. I used a George Foreman, but I bet you could easily have done this stovetop. Grilling took only a few minutes.

Step 4: While the fish is grilling, prep your salad and/or rice side. I always have a bag of cooked rice in the fridge (it is a staple in our household), so I put about 1/4 cup on my plate, added some soy sauce, dry ginger, and sesame seeds. Heat in microwave till warm. The salad is generic- use what you have on hand. Mine consisted of iceberg lettuce, tomato wedges, and olives.
Step 5: Plate the fish. and voila! Lunch in 10.

2 comments: